On Tuesday, October 13th, 2020 the Division of Science held a student research panel with representation from each Program including Sustainability. The video of the full event is below. Students had the opportunity to present and discuss how they’ve gained research experience in their field and fun facts about themselves and their work. Also discussed was the Division of Science Student Council and the forthcoming graduate student club: Masters of Science.
On October 20th, the Division of Science Student Council hosted a Research Opportunities Fair. The video is below to learn more about opportunities (many of which occur annually) at CCNY, CUNY, the City, MIT, NYU, and local companies.
Relevant links to resources mentioned in the October 20th Research Opportunity Fair:
- This is a also a great resource of all of the NSF-funded Research Experiences for Undergraduates site programs around the country: https://www.nsf.gov/crssprgm/reu/reu_search.jsp
- Physics: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/physics/phy310
- Physics: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/physics/research-honors-program#overlay-context=physics/2018-research-honors-physics
- Physics: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/physics/faculty-directory-physics-department
- Undergraduate: https://www.pathwaystoscience.org/programs.aspx?descriptorhub=SummerResearch_Summer%20Research%20Opportunity
- All Division of Science at CCNY research by Department: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/ccapp/campus-research-0
- For CCNY MSK-PURT undergraduate summer research: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PURT2021. Any questions: LSPYCHALA@CCNY.CUNY.EDU. This is for CCNY students only and not available to seniors.
- NYU BioStats: This Thursday (Oct 22), at 8 PM, we’re hosting a info session! RSVP HERE: https://forms.gle/W8aGsmP2PVTUV5qV6 Follow us on Twitter for more information! @NYUGPHBioStats
- For grad students: https://pathwaystoscience.org/Grad.aspx
- Grad student NASA research fellowships: https://www.nasa.gov/stem/fellowships-scholarships/index.html
- The NSF GRFP recognizes and supports outstanding graduate students in NSF-supported STEM disciplines who are pursuing research-based master’s and doctoral degrees at accredited US institutions. The five-year fellowship includes three years of financial support including an annual stipend of $34,000 and a cost of education allowance of $12,000 to the institution: https://www.nsfgrfp.org
- NOAA Crest at CCNY: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/crest
- MIT Post-baccalaureate Research Scholars Program in Brain and Cognitive Sciences: https://bcs.mit.edu/academic-program/post-baccalaureate-research-scholars-program-brain-and-cognitive-sciences. Contact for MIT Programs: https://biology.mit.edu/profile/mandana-sassanfar/
- Bruce Bell from the Carnaval Lab (email@example.com)
- Smithsonian Research Fellowship (seniors, grad studs, post-doc): https://www.smithsonianofi.com/fellowship-opportunities/smithsonian-institution-fellowship-program/ and https://www.smithsonianofi.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/SORS-2021-1.4.pdf
- NYC EDC Life Sci Internship Program: https://lifesci.nyc/lifesci-nyc-internship-program. Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org and Sharon@upperweststrategies.com.
- More info about the Laboratory for Nano and Micro Photonics group: www.lanmp.org my email: Vmenon@ccny.cuny.edu